Tuesday 6 August 2013

Haircare Tips: For dyed or damaged hair










PRODUCTS MENTIONED:
- Lee Stafford Hair growth shampoo, conditioner and treatment
- Pureology Serious colour care hair masque
- Silica Complex (Holland and Baratt)
- Batiste dry shampoo
- Moroccan Oil
- Lee Stafford Argan Oil Miracle Heat Defence Spray

My hair has always been a nightmare. Genetically challenged in the barnet department, I've always had thin hair that rarely grew past my shoulders. Add to that 10 years of box hair dye damage and you're looking at a problem only hair extensions can hide. Until recently...

I've been trying a range of different methods to make my hair healthier and longer, and golly gosh, they've been working! (Even my mum can't stop telling me how thick and full my hair has become, thanks mummy!) I made a video on the things I've been doing to maintain a healthy head of hair, so don't forget to check it out below, but here's a short summary:

EXTENSIONS:
I've worn extensions for about 5 years now, regardless of the state of my hair as I enjoy styling them and dying my hair multiple times (don't do it, please, learn from my mistakes). However, they come in handy when you don't want to use heat on your hair. Giving my extensions a natural wave allows them to blend with my hair, yet I still look somewhat put-together, voila, no heat!

HAIR GROWTH TREATMENT:
I started using the Lee Stafford hair growth treatment a few months back and along with my other methods, my hair has grown by about 2 inches. I have also been using the shampoo and conditioner recently, which can't be hindering my progress. It is hard to tell whether the treatment is encouraging growth or just protecting the hair more than others on the market, but I'm definitely enjoying it. (Let me know if you'd like me to make a full post on it and do a bit of research too?)

SILICA TABLETS:
These tablets promote healthy skin, hair and nails. I'm less skeptical about this method as it works from the inside-out to provide your body with essential vitamins

DIETEver since being diagnosed as a coeliac, I've tried very hard to change my diet. Avoiding wheat enables my intestines to heal, thus allowing them to take in the vitamins and minerals my body had previously been deprived of. My teenage acne has dwindled alongside the increased hair growth/thickness. So I urge you, if you have a dietary condition, please try not to stray from it too often.

HEAT DEFENCE
I've been vigilant with using my heat defence spray and turning all my appliances down to the lowest setting when I decide to use heated tools

DRY SHAMPOO
I avoid washing my hair too often to enable the blue to last longer. Invest in a shower cap for days where you chose not to wash your hair. Your scalp will become used to the difference after a short while and will produce less oils in accordance to your new routine.

CONDITIONING
I am a conditioner addict and will happily admit that I use far too much, which I do not recommend. However, I do recommend using hair masks and oils to protect your locks

ETC
Only using a comb on wet hair
Trimming hair as often as possible to rid split ends




5 comments:

  1. I always look forward to your posts! I've been using one of the Lee Stafford masques on and off for a few weeks, but as always I'm not a fan of the strong perfumed signature scent of all their products.

    Biotin pills (mine are by Natrol) have helped me so much, as well as giving the straighteners a break - my hair has never looked better.

    http://beckyalyssasbeautybox.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tablets sound interesting, ive never really thought about taking something like them for this! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seem to go back and fourth between being obessed with make up and skincare, and hair products. I am currently on the hair product buzz so thank you for giving me a whole stash of products to lust over! I definitely need to commit to not washing my hair every single day! xx
    Cupcakes And Cocaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely going to take your advice because my hair goes through periods when it's in fairly bad condition so hopefully doing some of these things will help!

    http://oohlalaafashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! Thanks for sharing!

    Lovely blog!!

    Hugs, Brittany, xx

    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete